- Urban Cruiser is an rebadged version of Maruti Vitara Brezza made by Toyota.
- Front-end is redesigned and draws look like Toyota Fortuner.
- Urban Cruiser comes with A 1.5-litre petrol engine that makes 105PS/138Nm
- Also available on 5-speed manual and 4-speed auto.
- The expected ex-showroom price between Rs 7.99 lakh and Rs 11.65 lakh
On 23 September 2020, Toyota will introduce its version of the Urban Cruiser, a sub-4 metre SUV. As part of the Suzuki-Toyota JV, it is a rebadged version of the Maruti Vitara Brezza, and will challenge the likes of Kia Sonet, Hyundai Venue, and the SUV it is based on, the Vitara Brezza.
Front-end of the Urban Cruiser was redesigned to distinguish its styling from that of the Vitara Brezza. Now it looks like the Toyota Fortuner, one of Toyota’s bread and butter models. The horizontal slats in the front grille flanked by the vertically inclined chrome inserts not only mimic the Fortuner but also offer a commanding look to the Urban Cruiser.
Underneath the bonnet, the Urban Cruiser would have the same configuration as the Vitara Brezza. A 1.5-litre petrol engine, which makes 105PS/138Nm, is paired to either a 5-speed manual or a 4-speed automatic transmission.
The Urban Cruiser will be offered with features such as dual-chamber LED projector headlamps, LED fog lamps, LED tail lamps, auto AC, cruise control, automatic headlamps and a touchscreen. The Urban Cruiser should be priced between Rs 7.99 lakh and Rs 11.65 lakh.