- New Mahindra Thar available with both petrol and diesel engine
- Both petrol and diesel engine with either a 6-speed manual or automatic gearbox
- Thar to be on offer in hard-top, soft-top and convertible body styles
- New Thar available in two variants AX and LX
- The variant AX geared towards off-road enthusiasts and LX has more for comforts
- The new Thar available in 13 versions, priced from Rs 9.80-13.75 lakh
New Mahindra Thar price and variants
The Variant AX, new Thar with both a petrol-manual version (priced at Rs 9.80 lakh) and diesel-manual version (priced at Rs 10.65 lakh). And the LX petrol is priced from Rs 12.49-13.55 lakh, while the diesels range from Rs 12.85-13.75 lakh.
Features of AX and LX variants
The AX trim is aimed more towards extreme off-road enthusiasts. It gets steel wheels, a fixed soft-top, a mechanical locking differential, dual front airbags, and a roll cage as standard.
The higher trim LX comes with a number of additional features, an bigger 18-inch alloy wheel, a hard-top or convertible soft-top option, a 7-inch infotainment touchscreen system, and an automatic gearbox.
2020 Mahindra Thar engine options
New Mahindra Thar available with both petrol and diesel engine. The petrol engine is a 2.0-litre, four-cylinder turbo-petrol producing 152hp and 300Nm (320Nm with the automatic gearbox). The diesel engine is a 2.2-litre, four-cylinder, turbocharged unit making 132hp and 300Nm. Both engines get a 6-speed manual and 6-speed automatic gearbox options.